Lead the efforts of the Seattle Chapter to build capacity for Wokai.
- Offer guidance and leadership to Vice Presidents in supporting their respective teams.
- Participate in monthly Chapter President conference calls, hosted by Headquarters.
- Act as a communication liaison between Headquarters and Chapters, ensuring local representatives are informed.
- Prepare for and run monthly executive team meetings.
- Oversee annual Chapter strategy and operations, through direction from Headquarters.
- Serve as a resource to Headquarters in prospecting and cultivating individual donors and corporate relationships for Wokai.
- Be available to network on behalf of Wokai at community events.
- Responsible for ensuring all key positions are staffed for the Chapter.
- An articulate communicator, who is comfortable with public speaking.
- Fundraising experience, in particular a willingness to ask for financial support.
- Strong organizational skills.
- An ability to work virtually, and lead a team without a physical office.
- Excellent relationship skills, someone who is attentive to others.
- Must be able to lead a team, by offering clear direction and then empowering others to pursue agreed outcomes.
- Resourceful and strategic in efforts, with an ability to prioritize.
- Demonstrates self-initiative, taking responsibility to complete tasks to a high standard of quality.
- Personally enthusiastic about Wokai’s mission and microfinance as an innovative solution to poverty, so much so that others are inspired to take action.
- Nonprofit leadership experience preferred.
An average of 5-10 hours weekly, for a minimum of 12 months.