Job Title: Senior Vice President, Product and Services
Job Location: Boston, MA
ACCION International is a private, nonprofit organization with the mission of giving people the financial tools they need to work their way out of poverty. By providing “micro” loans, financial services and business training to poor men and women who start their own businesses, ACCION helps people work their way up the economic ladder, with dignity and pride. ACCION’s goal is to build microfinance institutions (MFIs) that are committed to generating both social and financial value. We seek partner institutions that demonstrate the potential to be the industry’s future leaders in financial inclusion. This includes both institutions with a focus on low-income households, and other retail organizations and technologies that provide financial products and services to this market segment in various ways. Website: www.accion.org
The Product Development & Services department is a newly created area of ACCION that will be designed to develop and pilot innovative products, services and technologies. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Senior Vice President will oversee MFI Research & Development and “Beyond MFI” Research & Development, as well as the area of Global Training & Capacity Building.
• Evaluate and monitor the performance and effectiveness of training programs and provide recommendations for improvement to the VP, Global Training and Capacity Building.
• Direct and oversee the development of new products and services, and develop strategic objectives and operating plan to support and expand ACCION’s product development and service delivery to its clients.
• Oversee the capacity building of MFIs to deliver and grow the portfolio of the new products and services.
• Review the competitive landscape and recommend product substitutes.
• Direct all major functions and activities within the research and development units and ensure the integration of these functions and activities with program managers and partner institutions.
Please review the full description before applying: https://jobs-accion.icims.com/jobs/1249/job
Please compose a thoughtful cover letter that describes your commitment to the mission of ACCION International and how your experience satisfies the following:
• 15+ years of experience in product development, financial services and/or market research.
• Experience and solid understanding of micro- or small-enterprise finance strongly preferred.
• Experience working and/or living in developing countries and willingness to travel 25% or more.
• Ability to work effectively in teams and in diverse settings, ranging from nonprofits to financial institutions, and interacting with field staff as well as senior management.
• Project management experience and organizational and planning skills a must.
• Strong analytical skills, including building financial models.
• Excellent quantitative and qualitative research skills.
• Excellent written and oral skills, including the ability to make persuasive presentations in public arenas.
• Fluency in either English and Spanish, or English and French.
• MBA preferred.
Preferred Start Date: Negotiable
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, generous benefits
AA/EOE. No phone calls please. Address your cover letter to “Human Resources” and submit online with your resume at https://jobs-accion.icims.com/jobs/1249/job
56 Roland Street, Suite 300, Boston, MA 02129